Has becoming a doctor been your dream from years? Are you disappointed because of the shortage of MBBS seats in India? You are at the right place. You can now fulfil your dream of becoming a doctor by studying MBBS in Ukraine. Ukraine is a well-known destination for world-class medical education. Select an MCI Approved Government Medical University and Study MBBS in Ukraine at a very low-cost.
The medical colleges of Ukraine are much better than India in many aspects. The infrastructure is more improved and the overall quality of education is also ameliorated. The teachers in Ukrainian medical colleges are very highly qualified. Furthermore, the overall cost of living is also low as compared to that of Indian hostels.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Ukraine:
MBBS in Ukraine is becoming popular for Indian students because it is easy to get the admission and get access to world-class education provided by colleges. Unlike in India, they are not required to sit for any pre-qualification exams to Study MBBS in Ukraine. A student should be minimum 17 years on or before 31st Dec of the year of admission in Ukraine. He/she should have a minimum of 50% marks in PCB in standard 12th. NEET with qualifying marks is also compulsory for getting admission to MBBS in Ukraine.
Is it Important to Study MBBS in MCI Approved Universities?
The Medical Council of India aims to establish uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine. Therefore, it is important to choose a university which is MCI Approved if you are planning to Study MBBS in Abroad for Indian students. Moreover, if you study MBBS in Abroad in a Government Medical University which is not approved by the MCI, your MBBS degree will be invalid in India.
Thus, to be able to get a medical licensure in India, it is important to study only in a Government Medical University which is MCI approved. Before leaving the country, the candidate should acquire the MCI Eligibility Certificate. Further, on completion of the degree, he/she needs to appear in the MCI Screening Test. Thus, if the candidate scores a minimum of 150 marks out of 300, he/she can practice as a medical professional in India.
List of MCI Approved Universities in Ukraine:
Ukraine has a total of 30 MCI Approved Medical Universities. The list is given below:
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Crimea State Medical Institute
- Crimea State Medical University
- Danylo Halytski Lviv State Medical University
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- Donetsk State Medical University
- Gorky’s Donetsk State Medical University
- Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Kharkiv State Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv
- Lugansk State Medical University
- Kharkiv National University
- Gorky Donetsk National Medical University
- Gorky Donetsk State Medical University
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
- O. Bogomolets National Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
- Odessa State Medical University
- Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University
- Sumy State University, Sumy
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Ukranian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava, Ukraine
- Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine
- N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Vinnitsa State Pirogov Memorial Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
Is NEET Mandatory for MBBS in Ukraine?
The “National Eligibility cum Entrance Test” or NEET has now become mandatory to Study MBBS in Ukraine. The students should have passed NEET with qualifying marks to get their NEET Score Card. Most importantly, NEET has become mandatory to ensure the quality of doctors and medical professionals abroad. Many students who lack the calibre required for studying medicine are now getting MBBS degree abroad. Thus, the MCI has made it compulsory to clear NEET to get admission in MBSS. This further ensures that only eligible and worthy students go abroad to study medicine.
Which is the best Government Medical University in Ukraine?
MBBS in Ukraine is a 6-year course that includes practical training in its curriculum. The first three years of the course involves pre-clinical study. While the last three years include a clinical section where the students get an opportunity to interact with patients.
Although there are many leading government medical universities to Study MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students, we swear by Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University the most. It is one of the oldest, biggest and leading public medical universities in Lviv City, Ukraine. The tuition fees for the entire course at LNMU is very budget friendly along with hostel accommodation, food, textbooks, travel expenses, health insurance, resident permit extension etc.
The students at LNMU study according to the European credit-module system which measures and compares learning achievements and helps students easily transfer credits from one institution to another. Above all, the university has accreditation from MCI, UNESCO, WHO, IMED, Medical Council of Nepal, PMDC etc.
The University is not only very large and beautiful but is also fully equipped with modern technology, well-furnished classrooms, and other important amenities. In addition to this, the library of LNMU is a prestigious room or a jewel to be precise, for the aspiring MBBS students containing more than 5 lakh textbooks and important medical literature. The students also have 24 hours access to Wi-Fi facility.
Therefore, Lviv National Medical University is that one MCI Approved Government Medical University in Ukraine that can make a world of a difference in your career. We think this is just the perfect choice for you because it is budget friendly as well as offers splendid education to MBBS aspirants. However, there are some other leading medical universities as well. Explore PGMedica Overseas Blog to know more…