The MCI Screening Test or the Medical Council of India Screening Test is an examination run under the supervision of National Board of Examinations in India. Since the exam is mandatory for Indian students planning to study MBBS in Abroad and work as a medical practitioner after returning, it is also known as Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE).
This test is held every year in June and December and it is very necessary to study medicine only in an MCI approved college abroad otherwise the degree won’t be recognized as legal in India. If a student pursues MBBS in Abroad in a university which is not MCI approved, the degree will be considered as incapacitating in India. Thus, it is very necessary to take MCI Eligibility Certificate before leaving India for a foreign land.
So the procedure is quite simple, the candidate needs to obtain the MCI Eligibility Certificate before starting his studies and on completion of the degree, he/she needs to submit the copy of that certificate to the examination centre, appear in the MCI Screening Test and score a minimum of 150 marks out of 300.
Many reputed and old medical universities provide free coaching for the MCI Screening Test along with the theoretical and practical education for MBBS in Abroad. This makes it easier for Indian students to successfully crack the examination and practice medicine in India without any delay.
Why are students less interested in doing MBBS in India?
Studying MBBS in Abroad is a very big decision to make and requires a lot of research, counselling, professional advice and thought. It is undoubtedly not a cakewalk for students to accomplish MBBS degree and go through all that it requires to come out victorious. The amount of hard work and infinite hours one needs to invest in studying medicine is an arduous task but is worth every single effort.
There are over 11 lakhs aspiring students who apply to study medicine in India every year but only a few percents of them get successful in getting admission. This is because of a number of issues in the medical education system of India. The private medical colleges have raised their fee structure exorbitantly and this is why studying MBBS in India has become extremely difficult and expensive.
Getting Government colleges is absolutely what is known as fate, luck or a favour of destiny. Getting enrolled into public colleges also require appearing in a number of entrance tests and paying huge sums of donation fees due to the limited number of seats available. It is henceforth becoming a clear choice for Indian students to study MBBS in Abroad to pursue their dream degree and come out as excellent medical professionals.
Why is studying MBBS in Abroad a more significant and sensible choice?
It is becoming a clearer choice for Indian students to study MBBS in Abroad because of their excellent teaching methodologies, better prospects; more ameliorate technologies, integrated and well-structured curriculum, low-cost fees structures, better living facilities, easy admission process, no donation fees, no entrance exams, and world-wide recognition. Most of the reputed medical universities are also approved by the Medical Council of India.
It is actually very crucial for Indian students to select a university only if it is MCI approved. Although, MCI or WHO approval of a university is not the only criteria that should be considered while selecting it. MCI approval doesn’t mean in any way that the university is best for you but it gives the confirmation and green signal for the student to be sure of working as a licensed medical professional in India after his/her return.
Thus, based on your budget and living preferences, you should make a very organized plan to study MBBS in Abroad in a leading and well reputed MCI approved medical university.
Some of the leading MCI Approved Universities of the World:
- Nanjing University
- SiChuan University
- Kunming Medical University
- Jilin University
- North SiChuan Medical University
- China Medical University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University,
- New Vision University
- European Teaching University
- Ivane Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano Frankovsk Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- Osh State University
- Asian Medical Institute
- I. K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- The International University of Kyrgyzstan, International School of Medicine, Bishkek
- Jalal-Abad State University, Jalal-Abad
- Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University
- Kazakh National Medical University
- Astana Medical University
- Shymkent State Medical University
- Karaganda State Medical University
- Semey State Medical University
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University
- Crimean Medical University, Crimea
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Irkutsk Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Orel State University
- Perm State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- AMA School of Medicine
- Our Lady Of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help
- St. Tereza Medical University
- Hayabusak Medical University
- Hannover Medical Hochschule University
- Boschum University
- Zeugnia Ubendie Arztilch Prufund University of Bonn
- The University of Freiburg