Georgia is an excellent destination for medical education. It has undoubtedly set a benchmark in the world of top-class medical education. It is full of medical universities which provide exclusive training to students and produce efficient doctors. The fees structure of Georgian medical universities is very low and affordable. This is why many Indian students are now getting attracted to this study location. Georgia also has a total of twenty-two MCI approved universities, the names of which will be mentioned in the later part of this article. Thus, if you are looking forward to getting a splendid medical education, you should definitely consider to Study MBBS in Georgia.
Importance of MCI Approval to Study MBBS in Abroad:
The Medical Council of India aims to establish uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine. Therefore, it is important to choose a university which has MCI approval if you are planning to Study MBBS in Abroad. Moreover, if you study MBBS in Abroad in any of the medical universities which do not have MCI approval, your MBBS degree will be invalid in India.
Thus, for a medical licensure in India, it is important to study only in medical universities which are MCI approved. Before leaving the country, the candidate should acquire the MCI Eligibility Certificate. Further, on completion of the degree, he/she needs to appear in the MCI Screening Test. Thus, if the candidate scores a minimum of 150 marks out of 300, he/she can practice as a medical professional in India.
List of MCI Approved Universities in Georgia:
Georgia continues to be a very renowned and prestigious medical education center.
The list of twenty-two MCI approved universities in Georgia is given below:
- AIETI Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- East Europeon University
- European Teaching University
- Euroregioinal Teaching University LLC
- Georgian American University
- Georgian National University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Kutaisi Medical Institute
- LLC Caucasus International University
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”
- New Vision University
- Tbilisi Open Teaching University
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- University of Georgia
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi
Top Three MCI Approved Medical Universities in Georgia:
Since there are twenty-two MCI approved medical universities in Georgia, all of them being WHO approved as well, it doesn’t mean in any way that the university is the best for you. Thus, MCI Approval should not be the only criteria to consider while selecting a good college. It gives no proof that the university is perfect for you in each and every aspect. You should consider a university which gives top most quality education.
The top three MCI approved universities to study MBBS in Georgia are:
Top 10 Benefits of Study MBBS in Georgia:
There are innumerous benefits of studying MBBS in Georgia. Most of the medical universities are run by the Government of Georgia and are among the world’s top 100 medical universities in the world. Therefore, some of the main benefits to know if you want to Study MBBS in Georgia are:
- The Medical Universities in Georgia hold accreditation by some of the leading medical councils of the world such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Medical Council of India (MCI), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
- The MBBS and other Medical Courses in Georgia are very affordable as compared to other countries.
- The cost of living and accommodation for international students is economical with high-quality standards.
- The degree of MD (Doctor of Medicine) from the Medical Universities in Georgia is widely acknowledged and accepted in most countries including the USA, European and Japan.
- Georgian colleges allow their international students to learn their course in complete English medium. Thus, the opportunity to study MBBS in English makes it easier for Indian students to easily adapt in the country.
- Students who go to Study MBBS in Georgia get ample opportunities during their course to apply for jobs and get the required help from the faculty as well.
- The Medical Colleges in Georgia include an International Students Department which effectively takes care of the international students and helps them in resolving various issues.
- Georgian medical universities do not require any form of donation to get admission to study MBBS.
- There is nothing like giving an entrance examination to pursue MBBS program in Georgia.
- The Georgian government has made the MBBS course structure very easy, well structured and reachable for everyone.
- Most of the medical universities in Georgia provide the preparation classes for screening examinations like MCI, USMLE, and PLABwithout charging any extra amount to it.
- Studying MBBS in Georgia in MCI approved universities gives Indian students the freedom to work as a doctor in India.
- Most of the MCI approved universities in Georgia have a high MCI passing ratio.
- After studying MBBS in MCI approved universities of Georgia, Indian students can also pursue post graduate studies in India.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Georgia:
The high-quality educational MBBS program in Georgia has a low-cost fee structure. Indian students scoring as low as 60% marks in their 10+2 examinations from a recognized educational board are actually eligible to get admission in Georgian medical colleges. This sounds very surprising and untrue. However, some universities may also require around 65% marks in standard 12th examinations. It all depends on the type of university you choose.
However, the student must be 18 years of age at the time of applying for admission to Georgian medical colleges. Doctor’s degree from medical universities in Georgia requires TOEFL or IELTS score. Thus, English proficiency is a must. Students who gain an overall band score of 5.5 or higher in the IELTS exam are eligible to get admission in Georgian medical colleges. Moreover, NEET is also mandatory to Study MBBS in Georgia.
Thus, Georgia is slowly becoming a popular destination to StudyMBBS in Abroad by Indian students. Study MBBS in Georgia gives a lot of better prospects for a doctor’s career. Furthermore, medical universities of Georgia strictly aim to produce competent medical professionals. Therefore, it is very beneficial to study MBBS in Georgia in MCI approved universities.